It was actually a lot of things :
- It provides a complete overview. From a distance I can see how far everyone has come.
- I save a lot of time because I do not have to check every site to see if the employees have done this or that.
- It is motivating to turn cards. It’s like ticking and it is a satisfaction.
- I do not give as many verbal messages during the day.
- Employees can better help each other because they can quickly see how far the other has come up with the tasks.
- No one leaves the barn without all the cards are turned around. If we can see, there is a task that we can not reach , then we talk about it. Then we can move the card to the next day or make agreement on who will be working overtime.
- The employee can use the board as a checklist in order to better remember it all.
What is the T – card?
T- card is shaped like a T – hence the name. The shape means that it can be inserted into the pocket on a board. It can be taken up and used quickly and easily. The card must be red on one side and green on the other side. On the top bar is a task and the text is the same on both sides.
Using the T- card
- You must have a board with pockets. They can be purchased at office stores and on-line e.g. whiteboard-shop.dk.
- The board can be divided horizontally for two to three periods of time. You make a vertical column for each day.
- The cards must contain only a single task or a dense series of tasks that belong together. You can choose to use T- cards for all additional tasks so that the regular daily tasks not are listed on the board.
- Early every week you turned over all the cards , so they are red. As tasks are done, turn the cards to make them green.
- The board must be positioned in the barn close to the tasks so you do not have to spend extra time to go turning cards.
Want to hear more and have more ideas, please call me or mail me. Have a great time using the T-cards!